Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Only Business Model.

Everybody keeps talking about the recession. People aren't driving as much, aren't buying as many clothes, aren't going out as much, aren't picking up as many hookers...well...maybe. I'm not sure I buy into all of that nonsense but one thing I do know is that there is a certain business model that will work no matter what the economic climate is. The best business model. Or at least the only business model that leaves me powerless every single time. I call it the, "SuperModel Business Model." It makes sense right?

Whenever you see any sort of advertisement promoting something masculine, the majority of the time there is a hardbody promoting it. And it always works. This isn't a new discovery by any stretch of the imagination but it must be said that it leaves most pathetic dudes powerless (I fit into that category most of the time). "Men want her, women want to be her," is a strategy that has been around since cave drawings. (Let me tell you some of them cavemen used to get quite lonely in those caves and their drawings showed it.) When a woman sees a perfect looking model wearing a dress, they trick themselves into believing the dress can make them just as pretty. They forget the fact that the pictures are airbrushed, the models are anorexic and unhappy, and the models are, well, models. Models = People who have nothing else to offer to the world besides their looks. And God bless em.

The only reason I bring this up is because I've noticed that when I go shopping and the SuperModel flirts with the sole intention of selling something, I still fall for it. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, this business model will work on every pathetic person out there, man or woman. And we all know there isn't a shortage of pathetic people.
Maybe if Joan Crawford was a little more attractive I'd start smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment