Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Podcast. Daddy Issues.

I'm afraid I've spread myself too thin the past few weeks/months. I feel guilty about it because even though I'm super busy doing things I enjoy, this blog is very important to me and it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. This is me crying.

One of my fans really misses me.
My latest endeavor is a podcast I've created alongside my good friend Dan Johnson called "Daddy Issues." Originally we were going to work on writing shorts together (that may happen in the future) but figured it would take forever to get them made into videos that could be shared with a wide audience. We thought a podcast would be a great way for us to share our ideas and critiques on various things. That's a lie. We just really wanted to set up Skype dates where we could complain and giggle for an hour a week. So far so good. Dan and I used to live together in Urbana and would talk for hours on end about anything and everything. I probably took those hours for granted but I do remember thinking, "I wish more people could hear these ridiculous conversations." Now all of you can.

We're not really sure what direction this podcast is going to go in. We named it "Daddy Issues" because we believe most problems or dilemmas (or movies) come back to some sort of daddy issue. Seriously. Think about the last movie you saw, the last book you read, the last song you listened to. I bet someone in it hates their dad.

Because of all the yelling that all the dads do around the world, whether it's to get out of bed earlier, mow the lawn, or to get a real job (NEVER AL!), we've decided to handle it the best we know how: to complain. And complain we will.

Subscribe on iTunes.

Visit us on Tumblr.

One of my fans also decided to draw an inappropriate picture of one pug licking another pug's asshole. (Yes. They are pugs. They're just in their Halloween costumes. Duh!)

1 comment: