Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pretty Ugly.

A few months ago when it started to get warm out I was ecstatic with the shape I was in. I was probably the lightest I've been since the beginning of college but way healthier. I was in awesome running shape and thought I'd be able to log some serious miles throughout the summer. Of course, all that good news had to come to an end. I got injured. 

After a couple months of sitting around and feeling sorry for myself I joined a gym and decided I'd try to keep the pounds off by lifting weights. I couldn't get into it. So as I waited for my knee to heal I sat back and watched my eczema get worse and my stomach grow.

As my skin got worse and worse, I completely gave up on staying in shape. My mind was only on one thing: Scratch where it itches. And it itched everywhere. 

On my hands.



On my feet.




On my arms.





On my neck.


On my face.


On the back of my legs.


After a few days of oral steroids and a steroid ointment my skin was unbelievably beautiful. I'm serious. It was the most beautiful it's ever been on my whole life. Not only did I start eating healthier because of it, I started focusing more on my running. I started to read about minimal running shoes and how they might benefit someone who has knee issues. I was ecstatic to get back out there with my new pair of New Balance Minimus Road shoes. And after the first few runs even though I was unable to walk because of how sore my calves were, I was riding (running?) high. I felt as good as ever.

That was until my skin went back to being totally lame just 3 days after I was taken off the oral steroid. Afraid to use the steroid ointment, because of it's side effects (thins skin, creates permanent stretch marks), I invested in vitamins and Doritos. I was depressed again and not in the mood to fight. Especially since I was back to sitting around feeling sorry for myself and looking at this everyday...

Rub it for good luck.
I think I gained 10-15 pounds in a month. Not kidding. Not playing pretty at all.

Currently, my skin is a bit better but still sucks. I'm back to running and hoping that an all around healthier lifestyle will help me recover. I went for an 8 mile (shout out to Eminem) run a few days ago and came home with this. So now I have something completely new to be depressed about and disgusted with.



I'm not talking about my foot. I'm talking about this...

He had slicked back hair like Michael Douglas. Even this guy couldn't take living in this apartment anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment