Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Extinguish The Fire.

No humor here. This story has got me seriously twisted. Yesterday when I was in the shower I was busy daydreaming about fire extinguishers. Exciting, I know. It was the first time I gave it any thought. Do we have one? Where would it be if we did? Of course we have one, the management company would be stupid to not give every apartment one. I mean we'll probably never need one because there are nothing but very very responsible Puerto Ricans in our building but it would be nice to have one just in case...

Before I got out of the bathroom I had already forgotten about my safety. I got dressed, went to work and carried on in my usual pathetic fashion. After work I went straight home and checked my e-mail and found this in my Inbox.

Title: "your safety"

"if u dont have a fire extinguisher i recommend u get one for your own safety. safety first as we says in the building trades"

From Al. I know it's just a coincidence, I'm pretty sure Al can't read my mind (if he could he would have stopped talking to me centuries ago) but it's still pretty weird. What I've gotten from this is an immense amount of anxiety. Am I becoming my father? Is it inevitable for all of us little dudes? Are we all going to become our fathers? Al is a good guy but the world already has one of him. Does it really need another one? I'm probably a lot further along in the "Al" process than I would like to admit (he went bald in his 40's, I'm 20 years ahead of him). Now I'm wondering when I'll have 14 Pugs running around the house and shouting things like, "Mike Lowry! We ride together. We die together. BAD BOYS 4 LIFE" It looks like we're indeed ridin' together. Now I wonder who is driving and who is doing all of the yelling. Someone put the fire out.

Me and a large painting of Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment