Monday, December 20, 2010

15K Results.


After an exhausting last few days, I finally have time to sit around and complain. I probably should be really satisfied with my 15K time but that would be too convenient. I was really hoping to beat 63 minutes and I am pretty upset with myself that I didn't. But I did learn a few things about racing. Next time I'll be sure to be on time instead of being 10 minutes late. The entire race I had to run on the outside of everyone because I was stuck behind the idiots that were too busy talking about their most recent PTA meetings and trips to IKEA (seriously, I overheard a few seconds of those conversations, it's also good to know that even when I'm running I find time to think about how much I hate people). So I think if I was with people running a similar pace as me it would have helped. But I shouldn't be making excuses.

Overall the experience was worth it. I had a lot of fun on the train on the way to the race, wondering what times certain people would have. My guesses:

  • Big muscular douchebag with the Tap Out shirt on: 1:10:54. Chesticles=too big.
  • Little Asian girl that can't stand still: 1:23:45. Stop pacing and stretching, you're not breaking any world records.
  • Black dude who looks like he's really into Anime and learning Japanese: 1:05:21. These type of dudes freak me out.
  • Homeless man: How do you make the infinity sign on this damn computer?
  • Black dude who is looking at his own reflection while rapping that latest Gucci: Where the party at?
  • Little blonde hardbody: Don't matter what your time is because you're running through my mind girl.
Oh yeah, and Thank You Caitlin Marz for talking me into it. Hopefully it is the first of many.

The thing that upsets me the most about this whole race business. Two people named "Todd" beat me. And of course I met one of them on the train home. Pure misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment