Thursday, December 23, 2010

Demetri Martin.

His choice of color for this outfit is the only reason I picked this picture.

I really need to stop running into people I truly respect so I can devote more of my time and blogspace to meaningless bullshit. Can't do it. I had the pleasure of meeting Demetri Martin today and although I didn't have to change my underwear after our conversation, I can confidently say he is an inspiration. I've been a fan of his ever since I heard his "Vests" joke. (If you're interested it's on the track "Some Jokes" off of These Are Jokes). I never know what to say when approaching famous people but I made sure I avoided, "Can I ask you a question?" Because I'm sure a million clever things about asking to ask a question would have ran through his mind and he wouldn't have been able to focus on giving me advice. And boy did he give me some really awesome advice. Apparently it took him more than 7 years to be able to make a living doing comedy. That in itself is impressive. I try to think about what I've accomplished in the past 7 years. I'm not really sure. But I know the creator of this video spent the last 7 years making this...



...and that might just be better than what Demetri has accomplished.

Tomorrow I'll talk about having sex with trees. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment