Thursday, June 23, 2011

Joshua Paige.


When trying to pursue a career in something creative, I've always thought it's good to explore your vision in as many different ways as possible as long as you're honest and you throw yourself into it. "Make no little plans." But as you know, I can be a lazy fool just like the rest of America. I'd apologize but what's the point anymore? At least I can admit that I just really like looking at things I'll never be able to afford, listening to rap music that makes me laugh, and watching people I most certainly will always hate. It's a full-time job. I realize that wisdom is useless without application but I'm too much a bitch to do anything about it. What can I say, I just like to watch. Of course, like always, I'm being a bit hard on myself. When you're trying to do something that is your own you always feel like you could be doing more. Everybody struggles with it.

These past few months I've finally felt like I'm beginning to understand what it is I want to do. Make things that are beautiful, meaningful, ridiculous, and totally fucking hilarious. I'll give up on it when I'm dead.

Josh hard at work. He told me that his necklace draws a lot of attention. I'd get one but I already have enough homeless people talking to me.

My friend Josh (not my roommate) and I are going to start a comic strip that has yet to be titled. We don't know what characters we'll see, what themes we'll explore, or what kind of response we're going to get but we're excited. And that's all that matters. We're going to have a little fun with it. I have a lot of faith in Josh's talent. He can draw like a motherfucker. (I know that expression probably doesn't make any sense. I mean seriously, why would a person whose bone-preference that's limited to mothers be more gifted at expressing themselves through drawing than a normal person who will bone mothers, brothers, fathers, sisters, siblings, etc.?) And I can confidently say that Josh has faith in my ability to pick apart social interactions and talk shit about the lies and mediocrity. Together, shit is definitely going to get crazy. Stay tuned.

What up girl?

Josh also likes the brown girls with the big butts. At least I think he does. If he doesn't...MORE FOR ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment