Thursday, March 24, 2011

Fat People and Their Fears.

I'm not talking about salads, going for a run, seeing their penis or pink taco for the first time in years in a well-positioned mirror, or anything else that people who are a healthy weight have to think of. I just really want to know if fat people are more likely to be claustrophobic. Are fat people more likely to fear being closed in, or restricted (not just at the buffet) since they naturally take up more room leaving less free space? I've read that claustrophobic people also fear suffocation so we know that's parallel to fat people's difficulty in breathing. They also already have a hard time getting through most doors so they must always be worried about escape routes. So is it fair for me to assume that fat people not only hate themselves but also hate small spaces? I guess everyone sort of hates small spaces, I've yet to meet a person who complains about their apartment being way too big (but then again I don't many rich people).

Fat person eating in their car (of course they go through the drive-thru, fat people don't get out of the car to burn 10 calories): "I hate myself. Oh my god, my 7th roll is moving. I'm getting fatter. God I fucking hate you. Get away from me. No seriously, get away from me. It's too crowded in here. These chicken nuggets are so good. Mmmmm. Stay away. OH MY GOD! I can't breathe! How will I escape?! I said stay away from me!!! Wait a minute. Why did I only get $1.34 back? She said the total was $46.66. Fucking idiots at McDonald's don't know how to do math. I was never any good at math, probably because the class was right before lunch. This Shamrock Shake is so fucking good. Oh my god, why is it so crowded in here?! What am I going to do?!?!?!"

Eat a vegetable or a fruit. (Apparently my hypothetical claustrophobic person also has ADD.) I guess I'm really just hoping to meet a really fat guy on the train that can't stand the crowds and sighs every time a person stands/sits next to him. "Um excuse me, do you have to stand/sit so close? Sigh. People these days."

Yes. Indeed. People these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment